Metropolis Family Picnic and
Feast of the Elevation of the Holy Cross
Saturday, September 13th at the
St. Methodios Faith &¬†Heritage Center
329 Camp Merrimac Rd.
If you’d like to carpool from Keene, contact Joe at (603) 717-2351.
8:30 AM ‚Äď Divine Liturgy
- The ‚ÄúBlessing of the Waters‚ÄĚ Service & Diving for the Cross at the Lakefront
- Barbeque Picnic Lunch
- Fun and Games for the Entire Family!
- Canoe Rides, Basketball, and Much More!!
Directions from Keene:
- Take¬†Route 9 East toward Concord, NH. Route 9 East merges with 202 East in Hillsborough, NH and becomes 202/9 toward Concord, NH (look for Henniker as a landmark‚Ä¶you are getting close).
- Travel through one blinking yellow light and pass a large concrete company on your right. At the Golden Pineapple there is another blinking light. Take a LEFT at this blinking light onto 127 North.
- Follow 127 North¬†for a very short time, and go over the Hopkinton Dam which bears right. After you come over the dam look straight or slight left and go through the Rowell Covered Bridge.
- At the stop sign, take a RIGHT, the road will become Clement Hill Road. Follow this paved road until you come to the next stop sign at a four way intersection.
- Take a LEFT onto Pine Street. Follow Pine Street to the bottom of the hill. The large blue Camp and Retreat Center sign will be on your RIGHT.
- Take a RIGHT onto Camp Merrimac Road which is marked. Follow 0.7 mile to the Conference and Retreat Center.